Thursday, January 19, 2012
Free NBA picks- terms you should know!
NBA game is one of the most popular sports in United States and other part of the world. Aside the fact that you will love watching it, many sports fanatic also love and enjoys putting bet on it. Sport bettors commonly invest in free NBA picks, this, to help them watch the game as well as earn profits. NBA betting season usually runs from latter part of October to April. During this season, 29 teams are taking part in the NBA competition. The game is played almost every day of the week. In addition, NBA has four divisions which include the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Midwest and the Central divisions.
In this article you will learn the terms you should know when making free NBA picks:
• Point Spread or also known as “the line” or “the spread” is a margin used in sports betting to even the odds between two unevenly matched teams. The oddsmakers give each team a point total, predicting that the favorite team will win by a certain number of points. The favorite is always indicated by a negative number next to their name and the underdog is indicated with a positive number. Though point spread makes betting more difficult to predict it adds lot more excitement to the betting experience.
• Over/ Under Wager. Here the total points that are earned by both teams must be over or under the side that is picked. This also includes overtime.
• The Moneyline where you will place your bet into the team that you feel will win. With this type of bet, you don’t have to worry on pointspreads or handicapping.
• When you bet on events that happen during a specific game, you call it proposition.
• Another term that you should know is the point buying which is usually offered by many Atlantic City sportsbooks and internet casinos. The bettor purchases points to improve point spread odds.
Other terms that you should know when placing NBA bet:
• Straight/side bets - This is the most common form of betting. You pick which team will win.
• Totals - You bet on whether the total points that are scored in the game are higher or lower than the posted total.
• Parlays and Teasers- In these types of bets, you choose or predict the winners not only of one game but of two or more. This is a group of straight bets or totals that are combined into a single bet. For instance, picking the correct winner of 5 out of 6 will still not make you a winner. You have to make sure you are right in all six games, which makes winning a little difficult as well. The difference of parlays to teaser is the line you bet against for each wager is moved to your favor by number of points in a teaser.
• Other methods of betting include - round robins, if bets and reverse bets. These methods are a combination of the above named bets
Learning this terms will surely make your free NBA picks works for you! Good luck to your NBA betting!